Monday, March 14, 2011

Reading Rainbow

Since getting my nook for Christmas I have turned into a ravenous reader. It is just so wonderful and convenient, I love it. Over the past couple of months I have read 5 books and loved each of them. I love feeling like I get to experience so many different places and times in history. Books are amazing. All of this gushing is starting to make me feel a little bit like this guy

Anyways, I thought I would share my latest reads in hopes that someone will appreciate a good book recommendation.

1. Pride and Prejudice
- I was surprised how much I loved this one. I now understand why it earned the "classic" status

2. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
- Really good look into traveling train circuses in the 1920's-30's. Now I can't wait for the movie to come out in April :)

3. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
-I won't even put who wrote it because I am a little ashamed haha but it was great! Quick and enthralling. I couldn't put it down. Say what you want about the unmentioned author but she has a gift for creating great characters if you ask me.

4. Splendor in the Silence by Indu Sundaresan
- Set in India in the 1940's. Very good but not as good as her other two that I have read: The Twentieth Wife, and The Feast of Roses. Both are SOOOO good. Probably two of my favorites of all time

5. Cutting for Stone
-about a family of doctors in Ethiopia. Very good. I was surprised how much I loved this one but I really really did. All of the medicine in it was so exciting to me and it reminded me of why I was drawn to that profession. But, you don't have to be into medicine to enjoy it, it is a great story.

So there are my most recent reads. Currently, I am working on a book called Cleopatra's Daughter and so far I am loving it. Basically, I am in love with all things Roman and Egyptian :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey do you have my copy of splendor of silence or did you read it off the nook? Did you leave my copy at home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no I have yours. You want me to bring it to FLO-RIDA?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All right I give....Who is the author of "The Short Life of Bree Tanner?

    ReplyDelete