Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wing It Up


A few weeks ago I had my first lacrosse experience. We went to watch Philly's indoor lacrosse team the Wings. It was very fun and very entertaining. This sport seems to draw a very unique crowd. The tobacco chewin, cut off wearin, profanity spewin friendly type that made me feel right at home. The two guys behind us were both very friendly and very loud. I thought my eardrums were going to burst and I could feel flecks of spit literally hitting the back of my head.
we sort of lucked into some really excellent seats :)

The game was very intense, I had no idea it was going to be so physical. Towards the end of the game one of our players and one from the opposing team ripped off all their gear and started fighting. I couldn't believe it, I thought it was a joke at first. Then all of a sudden the wings player nails the other guy in the temple and his knees buckle and he is out cold. It was ridiculous! I have never seen anything like it! Of course the whole crowd erupted, they were so stoked to see some guy take a massive blow to the head. But after about a minute of the guy not moving at all, the applause started turning into awkward mutters and shoe looking. As Jables put it, "did we just cheer on this guy's death?" Luckily he did not die. He got up a few minutes later at which point the audience resumed their triumphant cheering. It was nuts. Like I said very unique and very entertaining :).
Nate, Jables and Momma shortly after the guy regained consciousness

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You are doing so many fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow i can't believe they are called the Wings, here i was expecting a tastey Wing story...lame name...but exciting story ha

    ReplyDelete