Sunday, March 6, 2011

76ers & Restaurant Week

At the end of Jan. we got to go to the 76ers-Jazz game. While neither team is superb this year, it was still a really fun game. My mom gave Nate the tickets for Christmas and they were 9th row from the court! It was so cool to be at a basketball game where I could actually see the players without help from the jumbo-tron or binoculars :). A first for me. Towards the end of the game I felt a strong smack on the back of my head. Thinking it was just an accidental bump from the over-zealous fans behind us, I decided not to turn around and just brush it off. Later when we stood up to leave I discovered the true culprit. A nasty jumbo hot dog entangled in my hair hahaha. Lovely.So not the best pic, but you can kind of get a sense of how close we were.Thanks for the tix Ma.

Around about the same time, my favorite week in Philly rolled around. Restaurant Week. During restaurant week all of the Center City eateries offer 3 course lunches and 4-5 course dinners for discount prices. It is AMAZING. We went to this really nice French restaurant for lunch one day called Le Bec Fin. Probably the nicest place I have ever been to. I brought my camera hoping to take pictures but quickly realized that in such a ritzy establishment I would have looked like a real hillbilly snapping shots of the fine china. The mushroom ravioli were divine and the sea scallops were so tender they melted in your mouth. But I'd have to say the highlights of the meal were getting to try pâté, and the creme brulee which was heavenly.

We also went to a cute little Italian spot for a lunch which was charming and delicious.

For our big dinner night during restaurant week we chose Buddakhan, an Asian fusion place that we have been wanting to try forever. So incredible. If you are ever in Philly I highly recommend it. It is hard to even single out individual courses because it was all so good but our favorites were my steak, which was the best I have ever had, and Nate's passion fruit/raspberry mousse dessert.


3 comments:

  1. Ha i can't believe you got hit in the back of the head with a hot dog, i was so caught up with how funny that was i forgot to get jealous with all your fanciful food descriptions during restaurant week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it pelted me hard!! And it was a serious jumbo dog! I am sure it was some 1 year old that thought they were the funniest thing in the world

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never mentioned to me the hot dog to the back of the head! hahah! Was it covered in mustard or ketchup?

    ReplyDelete