Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Curry Cravings

Ok so has anyone ever read a good book that has all of these graphic descriptions of the food and you end up salivating over a food you have never even heard of and can't pronounce? Well that is the story of my life lately. After reading two books about ancient India and one about Ethiopia I am craving the food like CRAZY! Needless to say, Nate and I have had a lot of curry lately. One night the craving just got to be too much for me to handle and we caved and went to this nice Indian restaurant in Philly. Oh my it was sooo heavenly. I will be craving that cashmere chicken with the garlic naan until I die. Here are a few pics from that night, I wish I had a pic of the cashmere chicken but it really wasn't around for very long...:)
This is a pic of our cute little dessert. A homemade Indian ice cream called kulfi. It was creamy and dreamy and full of pistachios
This weekend we fed the curry beast again and went to an Indian buffet in Delaware. Yes I know that Indian and buffet sound pretty scary together but trust me it was sooo good. I was wishing that I had an extra stomach to fill. The paneer butter masala was my favorite and now I am on a mission to learn how to make it. I fear that all of this Indian indulgence is only making my cravings worse.....we are planning on hitting an Ethiopian restaurant in West Philly in the near future. Mmmm I will let know if it is as good as "Cutting for Stone" made it sound.

2 comments:

  1. A blog about your life is pretty much a food blog i decided. I bet you could do an exclusively food blog and make it look really cool and take cool pics of the food and restaurants with your nice camera and i bet it would become really popular! You should, i think it would be cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kory gets curry cravings all the time since he served in the West Indies. We visit the Franklin County Fair (Preston, ID!) regularly because there's an Indian booth. Yum yum!

    ReplyDelete