Thursday, April 28, 2011

Celebration x 3

This past week we were in DE hanging with the fam and relaxing it was awesome! We ended the week with a jam-packed weekend of fun. In true Allison fashion, I found a way to spread the celebration of my birth over all three days. I have just always thought that one day was totally insufficient. The celebrating started on Friday by going to the Indian buffet with the fam. Yes, my curry craving continues. Nate and I discovered this little gem of a restaurant last time we were in Delaware and oh my is it fantastic. I stuffed myself to the point of physical pain and still had to be dragged out of the place.

Then on Saturday (the actual day of my birth) one of the faux fam friends got married. They are such a cute couple and it was such a sweet temple wedding. It was great to spend time with family and great friends all day and night. After the reception wrapped up, Destin joined Nate and I for "Water for Elephants" in honor of my birthday. The movie was ok...naturally, not as good as the book but still worth renting.

On Sunday we went to the Cox residence for a faux fam easter dinner which was delicious of course. Note that there has been no mention of cake or presents thus far in this post so we had to fit those things in on Sunday night. Nate got me Phillies tix for 4/29 and I am sooo excited! I have been been dying to go since we moved here! I wish it was Cliff Lee pitching or Halladay but alas it will still be awesome.

Oh and I almost forgot. On Friday I bought myself a little happy b-day gift. It is seriously the best candle ever made. I cannot get enough of this smell. It also happens to be the only thing I can afford at Anthropologie. Ahhh....perhaps someday I will walk into that beautiful store with enough money to afford their beautiful dresses and skirts. Until then the candle will have to do :)

So there you have it! I found a way to make a a regular Friday, eternal marriage on Saturday and Easter Sunday involve celebrating my birth. My Mom will be so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment