Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pride

I am convinced that we live in the coolest part of the coolest city in the U.S. Who would have thought that a girl from a tiny town in Idaho would love Philadelphia so much, but its true. What set off this current wave of love for our city? Well as I am sitting in our living room reading my nook I can hear the bell toll that it is 12:00. What bell? Oh just the one on this building here:
How many people get an hourly reminder of the time from one of the oldest and most historical buildings in our entire country? This is where the founders met and drafted the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. Every time I go in there and look at the room where all of that happened I can't help but feel the spirit and gratitude for those incredible men that laid the groundwork for our nation. I know that they were inspired and that our country is unique and special in the history of the world.

So naturally you can see why I would love a city that made me feel ALL of that :). Oh and the fact that we have the BEST baseball team in the country doesn't hurt.

3 comments:

  1. Since when are you a sports fan? I like it. Mike just said today that all of our trips to Philly are going to have to be centered around sporting events :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From just reading your blog I would love to visit Philly. It sounds like a great place. Jace and I always talk about someday visiting New York City and Washington DC but maybe we will have to add Philly to the list.

    I love Idaho and the small little town of Rigby but there is nothing like experiencing some where new. We love Denver and we have loved all the sporting events here too!! It's amazing how quick you can get attached to somewhere new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is great, this is my favorite post to date, bet that doesn't surprise you!

    ReplyDelete