Tuesday, April 12, 2011

FLO-RIDA

pic courtesy of little J's

I finally had my first traditional spring break and it was oh so glorious. Even though there was grape koolaid instead of booze and family card games instead of clubbing, I still feel initiated into this wonderful student tradition. My family flew into Florida and we all spent a full week basking in the sun and playing in the waves. I could really use a little more of that seeing as it is pouuurrring outside right now. Anyways, here are a few highlights from the trip:

1. Attempting to surf. Nate and I are hoping we can live in Hawaii at some point so we can really hone our skills.
2. Playing chince with the fam. (It is a card game that is actually called shithead but we changed it for obvious reasons)
3. Bike rides on the beach. Heather probably still has a seat print in her toosh from all the cruisin she did.
4. Staying up late talking/bugging my family.
5. 80 degree weather almost the entire time :)
6. Reading frivolous magazines in the sun and loving it.
7. Spending time with the hubby. Test week was the week before. Translation: we were divorced the week before.
8. Festival of Colors beach style

Enjoy a few pics :)
I love this pic. Nate is cracking up about something

It was such a fun trip and I was so happy to see my family. I really could have cared less where we were, it was the being together that made the trip. Can't wait to come out to IDizzle in just a few weeks :)

4 comments:

  1. BAAAHHAHAHA! #2 made me laugh. I love Florida! I am glad you had fun, and that you aren't divorced anymore! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Spring Break sounds pretty sweet!! too bad I'm not in school anymore :) I guess I'll just have to take a regular vaca sometime to get my fix of sun!!!

    I hope to see you when you come this way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 made me laugh too...I can't wait for you to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun trip! I'd give anything to go somewhere warm right now...

    ReplyDelete