Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Small Triumph

Our urban garden debacle has to be one of the most frustrating things of all time. I now must add obstacle #6 onto the list, squirrels have now also taken an interest in our tomatoes. The other day I caught one munching away on a little roma. So evil. They pick them as soon as they get ripe. Squirrels are now officially my least favorite animal. I didn't even know they liked tomatoes, or that they would wander clear up to our fire escape on the fourth floor to get them. Grrrr.

Amidst all of the frustration, my one small success has been my precious jalapenos. So cute and SOOOO hot. A couple of weeks ago I picked a bunch of them and Nate and I made homemade jalapeno poppers. They were really delicious but oh so spicy! And I am a spicy food freak so you know they had to be pretty extreme. In fact, they were so spicy that when I was scraping the seeds out of them it made some kind of toxic spice aerosol and Nate and I were choking on jalapeno gas for like an hour haha. It was definitely a type I hypersensitivity reaction if I have ever seen one. Increased airway reactivity, increased mucous production, local inflammation and edema. Anyways.....here are a few pictures of our babies.
Yes...we're pretty proud.

1 comment:

  1. Those are the most beautiful jalapenos I have ever seen! Pretty sure the squirrels won't want to eat those!

    ReplyDelete