Thursday, July 21, 2011

Captain Solo

I have always known that my husband is the most handsome man in the world, but recently other people have taken notice. The other day while walking down the street, a sweet little old lady stopped him. The conversation went something like this....

old lady: "excuse me, you're a medical student right. That sure is a hard road"
Nate: "yeah it is"
old lady: "well I don't know you and you don't know me and I am old enough to be your grandmother, but you are just so handsome it is ridiculous." "I mean your patients are going to see you come into their room and say wow I feel better already!"

So so funny and sweet. It totally made his day.

Then a couple of days ago he was walking down the street again and a gay man muttered: "oh my heavens, I'm sorry but you are just the cutest ephing thing!" But he didn't use the Harry Potter version of the eph word :). Oh and Nate was also checked out by another gay man just yesterday.

Nate and I think this increased attention is due to his present hairstyle, something we like to call the Han Solo. It is longer than he usually wears it (simply because he hasn't had time to get it cut). But on Sunday while watching a little Star Wars episode 2, we realized that it is a dead ringer for Han Solo. So amazing. Apparently the over 60 and homosexual demographics go crazy for the captain solo hair-do.

I guess I have some competition for this handsome fellow. Here he is modeling the Han Solo style and pulling his best Han Solo face.
don't mind the shirtlessness, we're in the midst of a wicked heat wave over here

2 comments:

  1. I love the little old lady! How many more years before I can get away with saying things like that to hot men?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok---this post absolutely cracked me up! (as did your mom's comment :) Fabulous! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete