Sunday, July 17, 2011

Miss Saigon

Nate's artsy curtain shot :)

For my birthday, clear back in April, Nate's parents gave us tickets to Miss Saigon at the Walnut Street theater. So last weekend we finally got to use our tickets. Nate and I went with his Mom and our friend Camille.

The seats and company were excellent, the show was ....ok. I really liked the story and the music was pretty good. The main actor had an amazing voice! But it was a little, ok maybe a lot inappropriate. We had no idea that it was going to be so racey! The majority of the play took place in a Vietnamese and then Thai whore house. There were scantily clad women dancing and grinding all over the place. Not too family friendly :). I don't think I have ever seen Nate look so uncomfortable haha, sitting next to his sweet momma while that was going on onstage. Despite all of the dirty dirty, it was still entertaining and we had a really good time. We also hit up Philly Flavors for some water ice on the way home so you know I was happy :). Moral of the story, read reviews of plays before buying tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment