Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"Cuttin for the very first time"

It is back to school for this lady. After being away from it for a good year and a half, I can honestly say that I have missed it. The dried up highlighters, the mess of papers and notes, and constant guilt and anxiety about studying awww.... it is wonderful! I am really excited to be starting PA school. It is nice to be learning things that will eventually lead to a career that I will like and that will make actual money! I know crazy right...I can barely fathom the day when Nate and I will no longer be students and will become grown ups with actual incomes.

But anyways, school so far has been good and painful at the same time. I love what I am learning and everyone in my class seems really cool. My class consists almost entirely of type A, neurotic females in their mid-twenties. Sometimes I feel like I am sitting in a room with 50 clones of myself :). Although, my fellow students are even more neurotic about school and studying than I am if you can believe it. For example, they all take notes non stop even though we have the powerpoints and printed notes right in front of us. The instructor will even say "you don't need to take notes..stop writing...I'm not going to test you on anything except for this information right here..." So we all look up, there is a brief pause of silence and then the hum of writing and typing picks up again. So funny. And I went to thirty minutes early yesterday morning to try to get myself a good seat and about three quarters of the class was already there and had snatched up all the good seats. Grr...fighting fifty clones can be hard work. How do I outsmart and outmaneuver myself? Everyone is really nice though and hopefully I can make a few friends along this crazy academic journey. Check out this cool building on my cute little campus
y

Maybe it is because I am in PA school or maybe it is because the original is in an episode of Grey's but I have had this little jam stuck in my head for like the past week...

1 comment:

  1. Good times! Oh I remember the days.....So proud of you btw,

    ReplyDelete