Thursday, December 8, 2011

Splashes are REAL!?

Picture a scene in a movie, a romantic comedy for instance. A girl is walking down the sidewalk in the pouring rain carrying a pan of scaulding hot baked goods in one hand and attempting to wrangle an umbrella in the other. She is slightly frazzled and wondering if this walk in the rain is really going to be worth it. As she approaches the corner to wait for her chance to cross the street she sees an SUV hauling down the road. She realizes what is happening but it is too late. A wall of water hits her and drenches her from head to toe. She has to take off her glasses because she can no longer see through them due to the dirty street water plastered on the lenses. She desperately blows air out of her mouth just to try to to rid her face, nose and mouth of the nasty water. We have all seen it before...



You see, until last night I thought this only happened in the movies. In Idaho we never get enough rain to set up this kind of scenario. But yesterday it rained for like 24 hours straight and I ventured out in it to go to a party. Scalding hot pan of lemon bars in one hand, umbrella in the other. You know the rest.... I almost turned around at that point. I stood there on the street corner for a good minute totally in shock. An old black woman saw the whole thing happen and barely avoided it herself. She stood there with me for that minute or so muttering things like "so inconsiderate, peoples don't even pay attention! Oh my goodness". Since my hands were totally full, I didn't even get a chance to wipe the water out of my eyes and face for 6 more blocks.

Moral of this story, This CAN happen to you, consider yourself warned...

2 comments:

  1. So did you go to your party dripping wet with soggy lemon bars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Allison, I'm so sorry! And I can so hear your voice mimicking the old black woman's mutterings... :)

    ReplyDelete